Well, losing FD certificate is not quite uncommon. However, how would you retrieve a lost FD certificate or opt for a duplicate FD certificate? If you have lost your FD certificate, you need not fret. You can get a duplicate certificate quite easily. In this article, we will tell you how to get a duplicate fixed deposit certificate from the bank where you have opened the same FD.
If you are one of those who have gone through, the tips here should be helpful for you in getting duplicate FD certificate.
To apply for a duplicate fixed deposit certificate, you need to apply to your bank providing the complete details of your deposit and the reason for losing it. If the bank is satisfied with your letter for duplicate fixed deposit receipt, you will soon be issued the duplicate certificate without much hassle.
Here are the steps for obtaining a duplicate FD certificate. Just visit your bank branch and let the concerned official know about the loss of FD certificate.
How to Get a Duplicate Fixed Deposit Certificate
- Visit any branch of the bank where you have opened the fixed deposit.
- If you have any reference no. or fixed deposit receipt number, share it with the staff so that they can check the same.
- Most of the times, since we also have a savings account with the same bank, you can tell the staff your savings account no. which will make it easier for them to verify your fixed deposit.
- Once it has been clarified that you indeed have a fixed deposit with the bank, you will be required to submit an application for the duplicate receipt. It can be a simple letter indicating the reasons under which you lost your FD certificate and a request for the issue of duplicate FD certificate.
- You might also have to provide some id/address proofs, bank statement, etc. as requested by bank officials.
- Voila! They will take your application and issue you the duplicate fixed deposit certificate.
Please note that the procedure should remain similar to almost all banking institutions with a few minor differences.
Bank may take time depending upon the standard procedure. The stipulated time may differ from bank to bank. The bank will verify the records and evaluate the conditions as per their laws. You will either be issued a duplicate FD certificate or the amount will be credited to your designated bank account.
In fact, in the current age of digital transactions – it would be practical enough to opt for the e-FD (the exact term for the product may differ from bank to bank) by logging into your net banking account. That way, you would be able to get your certificates and statements right into your email ID. In case you lose your downloaded FD certificate for any reason, you can just log in to your net banking account and download your certificate right away!
The Parting Thoughts
Well, that should be the easier procedure to get your duplicate FD certificate with ease. Have you lost your FD certificate? If you have, share your experiences when it comes to getting your duplicate deposit receipt. Share your own experiences through the comments here so that our readers will gain an insight into the procedure adopted by the respective banks.
Your inputs will be quite helpful for us to spread the information ahead.